“EA Sport, it’s in the game – Who hasn’t vibrated hearing these few words? By the time the game loads, the adrenaline is already starting to rise. We are ready to redo the greatest football matches in history. But for some, FIFA 22 is no longer just a video game to share with friends. No, they have become professionals and competitions exist to decide between the best. Investments are increasing and the metaverse comes to give an incredible dimension to this whole universe. Direction the Qatar to take stock of the first EA Sports FIFA 22 Champions Cup which has just ended.
The first EA sports FIFA 22 Champions Cup, what is it?
- Where and when ? The competition took place in Doha, Qatar, within the Aspire Ladies Sports Hall May 24, 25 and 28.
- Organized by whom? This is the platform Ooredoo Nation – Gamers’ Land based in Qatar who organized this event. It is an agency specializing in the development and promotion of e-sport in the sub-region.
- Who are the participants? 16 players are present including the 12 best FIFA 22 professionals plus 4 amateurs selected by an online preliminary tournament at regional level (Middle East and North Africa)
- Who are the winners? The winner is Dossary and took home $25,000. Second place went to Kaylan Moodley who won $15,000. Finally, the third and fourth prizes of $5,000 go to Ahmed al-Meghessib and Haroun Yassin.
- And the public in all this? The public present on site were spoiled in the magnificent closed enclosure of the Aspire Ladies Sports Hall. But the great novelty lies in the multi-channel broadcasting of the event. It was indeed broadcast live – and simultaneously – on the Ooredoo 0 TV channel and on YouTube with high-level commentary in Arabic and English.
>> Put on your meta cleats and come expose yourself to Bitcoin alongside Binance (affiliate link) <<
We are talking here about metaverse because the organizers wanted fans from all over the world to be able to exchange and interact throughout the three days of the tournament. Ooredoo Nation – Gamers’ Land thus created a dedicated platform for all viewers around the world. Close to 10,000 NFTs were distributed there in the form of QR codes. They entitled to gifts such as smartphones, game consoles or virtual reality headsets.
Some of them even offered the possibility of to encounter competition stars or famous influencers. Finally, a small number of NFTs are considered “collector” because rare and could give rise to collections or even represent a certain investment.
Nasser bin Hamad bin Nasser Al Thani – Sales Manager at Ooredoo – said about the competition:
“We are proud and excited to venture into the world of Web3 technologies with this latest development in esports. This aligns perfectly with our strategic commitment to investing in innovation. »
This commitment echoes the creation of a Metaverse Council from the Global Esports Federation who wishes “cultivating the ideas, voice and form of our virtual reality and thus accessing unlimited opportunities for our entire community”. Sport, music, video games, fashion, all areas are now affected by this famous metaverse which appears as the new entertainment eldoradoworldwide.
Does the metaverse inspire you little? do you prefer cryptocurrencies? In that case, follow the desert winds and find the cryptos by going to register on the Binance platformTHE absolute benchmark in the sector (affiliate link).